नारियल बर्फी or नारळाच्या वड्या
- Heat desk ghee or clarified butter a spoonful in pan
- Next, add grated wet coconut to it.
- Roast properly till it’s milk is reduced.
- Add milk/ khoya/ milkmaid to it with sugar.
- Keep stirring continuously till reduced to a thick paste.
- Add cardamom powder before switching off-the gas.Once warm spread on the greased steel plate and cut in desired shapes.Enjoy the sweetness of Rakhi with this sweet.
Nariyal/ Coconut Barfi
Nariyal Barfi or coconut barfi is a sweet made of coconut and sugar. It's very simple recipe made onfestivals especially on nariyali poornima that is raksha bandhan.
- 1 no coconut (grated)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups milk (or mawa/ khoya or milkmaid)
- 2 cloves cardamom
- 1 tbsp clarified ghee
Heat desi ghee or clarified butter in a pan/ wok or kadai.
Next, add grated wet coconut to it. Roast properly till it's milk is reduced.
Add milk/ khoya/ milkmaid to it with sugar.
Keep stiring continuously till reduced to thick paste. The sign is that the mixture will start to come together and turn thick.
Add cardamom powder before switching off gas.
Grease a steel-plate with little butter, and immediately pour this mixture on greased plate.
Using a bowl or katori or even spatula try to fit it properly in plate and level it from above to get uniform surface.
Allow it to cool for 15 minutes and cut in desired pieces.
If you have mava or khoya then reduce milk quantity.
Increase khoya if using less milk
If both khoya or milk is unavailable we can use milkmaid tin also by decreasing sugar as milkmaid is already sweet.