The L tiffin
Welcome to A to Z of tiffin ideas with me. I am trying to give AtoZ suggestions for lunch box woes and today is Day 12 with the letter L.
So Let’s pack the L Tiffin.
Lettuce paratha/ puri
lettuce wrap or even lauki paratha
Another option is Lemon rice
or ladyfinger veggie with chapati
For sweet keep a laddoo. and for fruit keep lychee or litchi juice either
With small kids, a lollipop is the best “L” to give.
At times I had also made Leftovers ka cutlet and Lentil Loaf too.
Yes, you heard it right, I finely chop lettuce leaves and along with sandwiches I also hide them in the dough and make parathas out of it. As I stay in a cold climate in hills so, thankfully I am never out of fresh lettuce. ‘most importantly’ it’s all about feeding lettuce to kids. If not in salad then work out different options. Sandwich is for sure the best option.
- Atta/ whole wheat flour 2 cups
- 2 cups finely chopped lettuce, I prefer iceberg but any will do.
- carom seeds/ ajwain 1tsp
- cumin seeds/ jeera 1tsp
- turmeric/ haldi 1tsp
- 1tsp chili powder
- warm water
- First of all, in a large bowl mix lettuce, carom seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric, chilly powder, salt.
- Now, add the flour, little at a time and mix.
- Add warm water to make it into a smooth dough.
- Add a tbsp oil and knead it for a min and let it rest for 15-20 mins.
- Make small balls of the dough.
- Heat a skillet on medium high.
- Roll the parathas using little flour for dusting.
- Once the skillet is hot, place the paratha on it.
- When you see the bubbles coming up flip it.
- Apply 1/2 tsp of oil flip it again and repeat the same process on its other side.
- Make the remaining batch of parathas in a similar manner.
- Lettuce paratha is ready
It’s time to add A sweet treat with Litchi, Lichee is always loved by kids and when it’s not its season keep litchi juice in tiffins.
For multigrain laddoo click here
Today is Day 12 with the letter “L” of AtoZ challenge.
My theme for the challenge is ‘Tackling Tiffin tantrums” to help ease lunchbox woes for moms & kids.
If you liked this post then do drop a comment below. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family.