Tilachi Wadi/ Sesame Jaggery Bar
- steel plate
- 1/2 cup sesame/ til
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup powdered roasted peanuts
- 3/4 cup grated jaggery
- 2 tsp clarified butter/ Ghee
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp dry fruits chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Dry roast and coarse grind sesame seeds. Don't make paste just light grind will do, just to break it in pieces.
- Combine the jaggery and the water and then heat it over a low flame until all the jaggery melts. Now add ½ tsp clarified butter/ ghee and stir until it is all well combined. As soon as you see tiny bubbles in the jaggery syrup, take it off the heat.
- Add crushed peanuts, desiccated coconut which is roasted beforehand to this mixture. Also add cardamom and nutmeg powder at this step.
- Take a steel plate and grease it with little ghee all over. Now, pour this mixture onto the greased plate or tray, flatten it with the help of a stainless steel spatula or the back of a stainless steel spoon or even you can use the small steel flat bowl for this.
- Sprinkle the dry shredded coconut and pat again to get desired and uniform thickness. top it with remaining coconut and dry fruits if using.
- After say 4-5 minutes make square cuts in the mixture. Let it cool and then separate into bars or what we call Vadis after 15 minutes.
- Til wadi is ready Store in a dry, covered container.