The “Y” tiffin
Welcome to A to Z of tiffin ideas with me. I am trying to give AtoZ suggestions for lunch box woes and today is Day 25 with letter Y. So Let’s pack the Y Tiffin
Yellow Passion Fruit
Look for Greek yogurt with live active cultures, which not only contains a healthy dose of probiotics supporting digestive health but is also a go-to snack rich in calcium and protein that can be blended with fresh fruit, granola, nuts, cinnamon, honey…the possibilities are endless!
A little gyan-
Curd or Dahi is a dairy product made by curdling the milk with edible acidic substance such as lemon juice or vinegar whereas Yogurt is created by bacterial fermentation of milk by using yogurt culture that consists of Lactobacillus bulgaricus. Yogurt is made by fermenting milk wth a yogurt culture.
Yellow rice is a name given by my kiddo to Maharashtrian style fried rice also known as phodnichabhaat.
My kiddo loves it and so he always asks me yellow tice in Tiffin. This rice can be made with leftover overnight rice also.
It has so many names like – phodnicha bhat or lemon rice, or chitranan, tadka rice or seasoned rice.
- You just need 2 cups steamed rice, the leftover is always welcome for this
- Oil 1 tbsp
- hing/ asafoetida 1 pinch
- mustard seeds 1tsp for tempering
- onion 1 finely chopped
- green chili 1 finely chopped
- red chili powder 1tsp
- turmeric powder 1 tsp
- salt to taste
- sugar 1/2 tsp
- peanuts, urad dal, other veggies, curry leaves are all optional
- Break lumps and loosen out leftover rice with hand.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds.
- Once they crackle, add a pinch of asafoetida (hing), 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, red chili powder, and 5-6 curry leaves.
- Add 1 &1/2 tbsp peanuts and 1 tbsp urad dal, and stir fry till pinkish brown.
- Add 1 green chili slit vertically and 1 small onion finely chopped and fry till it turns brownish.
- Reduce the gas to medium flame, add the rice, salt to taste, 1/2 tsp sugar and mix well.
- Stir fry for a minute and turn off the gas.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve.
Today is Day 25 with the letter “Y” of AtoZ challenge.
My theme for the challenge is ‘Tackling Tiffin tantrums” to help ease lunchbox woes for moms & kids.
If you liked this post then do drop a comment below. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family.
That’s all for today, see you tomorrow! For all AtoZ of Tiffin Ideas click here or search for #A2ZTiffinideas on Twitter and Facebook.