The “Z” Tiffin
Welcome to A to Z of tiffin ideas with me.
I am trying to give AtoZ suggestions for lunch box woes and today is Day 26 with letter Z.
So Let’s pack the Z Tiffin
Zig Zag Vine fruit
Click here for the recipe
Commonly known as Zarda, Zafrani Pulao a luscious sweet dish with a rich aroma. It is a festive delicacy of north India. Zafrani Pulao basically belongs to the Nawabi delicacies of India, it is prepared on the occasion of marriages and regional festivals. Try this sweet rice preparation enriched with high calories ingredients.
- 2 cups: Rice (long, grained)
- 1/2 cup: Sugar
- 4 tsp: Ghee
- 18-20: Almonds.
- 12-15: Cashew nuts.
- Pinch: Saffron.
- 1/4 tsp: Nutmeg Powder.
- 1/2 tsp: Green Cardamom Powder
- Wash rice twice and soak in just enough water to cover it for half an hour. Drain excess water.
- Place almonds and cashew nuts in a flat microwave dish and cook uncovered on Microwave medium (70%) for five minutes. Let them cool and thinly slice the almonds. Halve the cashew nuts.
- In a deep casserole, mix ghee and rice and cook, uncovered, on Microwave high (100%) for two minutes.
- Stir. Cook, uncovered on Microwave high (100%) for two minutes more.
- Mix nutmeg powder, green cardamom powder, saffron, raisins, and sugar into the rice.
- Add three and a half cups of water and milk and stir once.
- Cover and cook on Microwave high (100%) for fifteen minutes.
- Allow standing time for five minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and cashew nuts. Serve hot.
Today is Final Day 26 with the letter “Z” of the AtoZ challenge.
My theme for the challenge is ‘Tackling Tiffin tantrums” to help ease lunchbox woes for moms & kids.
If you liked this post then do drop a comment below. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family.
That’s all for today, with my final post! For all AtoZ of Tiffin Ideas click here or search for #A2ZTiffinideas on Twitter and Facebook.