Hydro-power or water power
The energy of falling water, rain, or melting ice or fast running water is a natural resource we can utilize for power. and generating electricity.
How can a nature lover forget or not discuss this natural power resource?
Since ancient times, hydro-power from many kinds of watermills and water wheels has been used as a renewable energy source.
It is the cheapest source of energy
But lots of cons
This picture I had clicked at Jung falls or another name is nuranang falls in Arunachal Pradesh.
H human habitation and hygiene
Habitation is the state of living somewhere, the natural environment of an organism. It provides with food, water, shelter, and space to survive.
Wikipedia says all these are human habitat’s – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_habitation_forms. And so I feel they are our responsibility.
It’s our abode, our dwelling, our home.
So the place where we live, the land is provided by nature and it’s our duty to keep it clean. It’s our duty to Care for and Restore Habitats.
When we talk about the environment we mean everything in the world around us that surrounds and affects all life on earth, including the air, food chains, the water cycle, plants, animals and other humans.
As such swachh Bharat Abhiyan is “ON” so a word about keeping our habitat’s hygiene.
Maintaining good hygiene is the first step to living a healthy life. We can give our future generations a better life with better habitat.
Habitat for Humanity works to improve the water supply and cleanliness of human settlements.
- Use less Water
- Use a mug for washing teeth instead of running water
- water plants with a bucket instead of a running hose
- car, bike wash with damp cloth or paper instead of water flowing continuously out of a pipe
- Use less power
- Create less wastage
- When you clean vegetables don’t drain water through sink just like that use it to water your plants, pots, garden. It’s like a stew for them.
- Use washing machine drain water in watering dry soil instead of letting it run through drains.
- Use RO wastage water by collecting it in a bucket or tank for washing, mopping, watering.
- Dont throw vegetable scrappings, instead make compost in a pot or box for later use.
- Try and plant a tree whenever you get a chance.
- Gift a plant.
Participating in and
For my other AtoZ links check AtoZ 2018