wham bam it’s exam
It’s 17 September 2018 today, and whoever I’m talking to since last one week says oh our kids exams are starting from Monday. So in maximum parts of India it’s first term or some exam that grips kids.
Kids are tensed, moms are anxious & here begins the exam saga.
My say is-
- Keep your calm no matter how tough the subject is.
- Don’t force your child or don’t compare him/her to other kids.
- Help him/her understand things rather than mug up.
- Life is not just marks or percentage. It’s about more than marks.
- Be honest and realistic with yourself about expectations.
- Engage in deep breathing for 2-5 minutes
- Identify the best way your child is able to learn
- Support them, trust them, understand them
- Avoid distractions
- Don’t compare he/ she is an individual.
- Don/t keep on telling what happened in your times, times have changed.
- Be observant
I’m a mother myself and have realized this after ‘Jr’ was born that I was pressuring Sr. unnecessarily. I was a meritorious student and expected same from kids but with passing years and will add the contribution of movie taare zameen par that I calmed myself. I realized it that Sr. was good in sports and for that I had to expose him to lot of activities.
So parents of children giving exams take a deep breath. I agree there is lot of competition, there is a race to win but check your child’s potential. Check what your child is good at only then move ahead. Happy parenting.
I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter. This is my Earth post on parenting.