The N Tiffin
Welcome to A to Z of tiffin ideas with me. I am trying to give AtoZ suggestions for lunch box woes and today is Day 14 with the letter N.
for N tiffin we can pack
nutrela granules soya tikki
along with noodles
nachos to suit your kids’ taste.
For sweet will keep Nutella Cake
- Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup I use and prefer wheat flour
- Besan Flour – 1/2 cup mixed in spoonful milk
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp and Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp both are optional.
- First of all, In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together except sugar i.e. flour, sooji, and cardamom powder, salt
- Add in the wet ingredients and beat until all the ingredients come together in the form of a dough. You can just use your hand to mix together ghee with powdered sugar and crushed saffron strands until fluffy. Add the dry ingredients and mix. Mix until it forms a soft and smooth dough. If the dough is not coming together, you may add a tablespoon of milk at this point.
- Cling wrap the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 120 minutes. This process makes the nankhatai more crunchy so I follow it but it’s optional.
- Almost, after 30 minutes take the dough out and make equal size balls from the dough.
- Flatten each ball slightly with your hands lightly press some chopped nuts in the center.
- While we are preparing the nankhatai mix, meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 C. And prepare a baking sheet greased with butter or ghee.
- Now, bake at 375 F degrees for 16-18 minutes or till the bottom of the cookies starts turning light brown in color.
- Finally, Remove nankhatai from oven and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container and its ready to go as a snack for the kid’s lunch box.
pic courtesy – wikki commons
Will now share another recipe of healthy nutrela granules, For the reason that nutrella soya granules are a rich source of protein, they are my all time favourite for kids.
Ingredients for Soya Granule Tikki Recipe
- 1 cup Nutrela Soya Granules soaked in warm water for about 15-20 mins
To begin with, In a saucepan, bring to boil 3-4 Cups of water. Add 1 tsp salt and 1 cup Soya Granules. Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat. The strain the cooked granules and drain the water. Wash granule softly with cold water. Leave Granules to drain water for 10 minutes. Once water is drained squeeze Granules and remove water as much as you can.
- Potato 2 cup boiled, peeled and Mashed
- Steamed Peas ½ cup
- Carrot, Grated 1
- 7-8 French Beans, steamed small pieces
- coriander finely chopped ½ cup
- Cumin Powder 1 Tsp
- ¼ cup Onion finely chopped
- Ginger Paste 1 Tsp
- Green chilies – 2, finely chopped
- 6-7 Curry leaves
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour for binding
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Bread crumbs ¼ cup
Heat 1 tsp Oil in a nonstick pan. Add Curry leaves, chopped green chilies, and Ginger paste. Sauté for a few seconds. Add Onion and sauté until Onion becomes translucent.
Take soya granules in a bowl. Add onion mix, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and green chilies and mix. Add mashed Potato, Steamed Peas, Grated Carrot, steamed French beans, Cumin Powder, and salt to taste. here you can add a few drops of lemon juice too. Add coriander leaves and breadcrumbs and mix.
Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape into medium and flat patties/ Tikki. Spread roasted Semolina in a plate. Place 1 cutlet over it and Coat both the sides of Cutlet with roasted Semolina.
Now, Take a non-stick pan and Heat some oil. Place the tikkis and shallow-fry from both sides till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
Once cool they are ready to pack in tiffins.
Even more, we can keep lots of nuts in lunch for power packed tiffin.
Even more, If you are running out of time just spread Nutella on soft bread also is a hit with kids.
Today is Day 14 with the letter “N” of AtoZ challenge. My theme for the challenge is ‘Tackling Tiffin tantrums” to help ease lunchbox woes for moms & kids.
If you liked this post then do drop a comment below. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family.