The B tiffin
The B tiffin day, so what will we have?
So today is day B for tiffins so what all are we packing in tiffins well!
breakfast energy nutritious bars
banana pieces in fruit
bread pizza – filled with a lot of veggies and cheese and a hit among kids.
Here I am sharing the procedure for the Bread roll, my little one’s top favorite with bread.
- Bread – 4 slices
- 3-4 Potatoes boiled and mashed or you can grate them for a uniform mixture
- 1/4th cup Green peas boiled
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 inch grated ginger
- 2 green chilies finely chopped, suit your kid’s taste
- ½ tsp – Jeera/ Cumin powder
- 1/4th tsp red chilly powder
- a pinch of turmeric( I add turmeric to everything generally because of its antiseptic properties)
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4th tsp Garam masala powder or you can add little Maggi masala-e magic too.
- 1/4th tsp amchur powder/ Dry mango powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil – for frying
- In a mixing bowl or large plate take the boiled potatoes, add onion, coriander, mint, peas, green chilies, and all dry spices. Crumble the potatoes along with so all spices get mixed up properly.
- Mix everything properly removing all lumps, if you feel the raw taste it’s completely optional to saute all lightly for few minutes although I prefer the raw taste.
- Best time to add few nuts finely chopped so they get mixed us and reach kids tummy without any fuss.
- Cut off the edges of the bread slices on each side using a knife.
- Now prepare small dough balls from the prepared stuffing. Give these dough balls log shape and place it on a plate. Similarly, prepare dough balls until the entire stuffing is utilized.
- Take ¾ cup of water in a plate or large bowl for dipping bread and prepare the rolls.
- Take lift one bread slice, dip it water so it is wet from both sides, and squeeze lightly and nicely with both hands until all of the excess water is drained/ removed.
- Now place one stuffing ball over the bread slice and seal it properly from all sides. Make the roll with log shape in between pressing from all sides to avoid any openings.
- Place the prepared roll on a plate and likewise prepare rest of the rolls as well.
- Heat enough oil in a wok, ensure the oil for frying rolls should be heated well, else the rolls will absorb too much oil and will be very oily to eat.
Fry the bread roll until it gets golden brown in color from all sides. Flip the sides using a ladle. The bread will turn golden brown in color from all sides. once done remove from oil and drain the excess oil by holding ladle on the sides of the wok.
Drain out the roll over a plate with paper towel/ tissue/ or any absorbent paper and similarly fry rest of the rolls as well.
Mouthwatering bread rolls are ready.
These rolls are crispy outside and soft inside with spicy and tasty stuffing.
Once they are off the steam just pack them in Tiffin with ketchup or chutney as per your kid’s preference.
Today is Day 2 with letter “B” of AtoZ challenge.
My theme for the challenge is ‘Tackling Tiffin tantrums” to help ease lunchbox woes for moms & kids.
If you liked this post then do drop a comment below. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family.
That’s all for today, see you tomorrow!