Before I begin first of all wishing all a very happy Akshay Tritiya also known as Akha teej.
it is annual spring time festival, it is tremendously fortunate and sacred popular festival which carries good luck and triumph in terms of new schemes, weddings, big investments such as buying property or gold and any new beginning. In Sanskrit, the word “Akshaya” (अक्षय) means “imperishable, eternal, the never diminishing” in the sense of “prosperity, hope, joy, success”, while Tritiya means “third” It is named after the “third lunar day” of the spring month.
Now on my P post – Panchtatwas is the essence of Life.
Elements make up everything around us, even including US. We are made of Pancha tattva – Prithvi, Agni, Jal, Aakash and Vayu, To each of the five elements (earth, water, air, fire, ether), one can associate
- a Tanmatra (the subtle essence of that element)
- the corresponding sense (sight, smell, taste, touch, sound).
- a region of the body and/or a Chakra
- a color
- a geometric figure and
- a cosmic or elemental power.
Each element has its share of positives and negatives.
These five elements need to be in togetherness, in cooperation for the well functioning of nature as well as our human body.
Recently read about the panchmahabhuta or say panch tattva temples in India.
They are situated in Deccan plateau of India in Tamilnadu and Andhra.
they were but not to worship but for the main focus on sadhna.
They are Lord Shiva temples, the God of Power is worshiped as the five elements of nature, forming the famous five Pancha Bootha Stalams in India.
- Ekambareswarar Temple, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu (Land/ Earth/ Bhoomi)
- Jambukeswara Temple in Thiruvanaikaval, Trichy, Tamil Nadu (Water/neer)
- Arunachaleshwarar Temple, Thiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu (Fire)
- Kalahasti Temple, Srikalahasti, Andhra Pradesh (Air/Vaayu)
- Nataraja Temple, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu (Sky/Aakash)
I recently read somewhere how these 5 elements are associated with family too. Like Earth as Mother’s lap which takes care of us, Sky to father as protector, Air is with us like a life partner, Agni to son and Water to daughter.
Participating in and