Green Talks Ep 39 – Listen to the sustainable side of a journalist and communication consultant Feat – Ashraf Engineer who hosts the All Indians Matter podcast.
Podcasts are a great way to learn more about the world around you. And when it comes to growing environmental concerns and climate action, podcasts certainly play a very significant role. The latest news says that Disney finally revealed the newest addition to the Frozen franchise, and it’s not an animated film, but a podcast, Yes you heard it right, The Disney Frozen Podcast: Forces of Nature, which is a podcast featuring Elsa and Anna. Though set in the fictional fantasy world of Frozen, the series will cover climate change and environmental conservation through the lens of some of their most popular characters from recent years.
Now that’s a wonderful news. I’m sure all Disney fans are now going to be more climate-conscious. This proves that if you want to create a social impact in today’s world, you need people to care. But holding their attention long enough to get them invested is hard. That’s where podcasts can help you. Podcasts play a significant role in raising awareness about environmental issues and the climate crisis in several ways.
Key points Role of podcasts in spreading awareness:
- Accessible Information: Podcasts provide a convenient and accessible platform for people to learn about complex environmental topics. They can be listened to while commuting, exercising, or doing household chores, making it easier for individuals to integrate environmental education into their daily routines.
- In-depth Discussions: Podcasts allow for in-depth discussions and explorations of environmental issues. Experts, scientists, activists, and policymakers can be invited as guests to provide detailed insights, share research findings, and present solutions, thereby enhancing listeners’ understanding of the climate crisis.
- Diverse Perspectives: Podcasts can offer a diverse range of perspectives on environmental topics. Different experts and stakeholders can present their viewpoints, helping listeners gain a more comprehensive understanding of the multifaceted nature of environmental challenges.
- Storytelling: Environmental podcasts often use storytelling techniques to convey information. Personal anecdotes, real-life experiences, and narratives can engage listeners on an emotional level, making the issues more relatable and motivating them to take action.
- Local and Global Focus: Podcasts can discuss both local and global environmental issues. This helps listeners understand how environmental challenges impact their immediate surroundings as well as the broader world, fostering a sense of responsibility and interconnectedness.
- Inspiration for Action: Many environmental podcasts not only inform but also inspire action. They often share practical tips, lifestyle changes, and ways to get involved in environmental conservation efforts, motivating listeners to contribute positively to the cause.
- Public Engagement: Podcasts provide a platform for public engagement and dialogue. Listeners can ask questions, participate in discussions, and even provide feedback, creating a community of like-minded individuals who are dedicated to addressing environmental challenges.
- Bridge Knowledge Gaps: The climate crisis is a complex topic, and many people may not fully understand its intricacies. Podcasts can bridge knowledge gaps by breaking down technical concepts into more accessible language, making the information more understandable to a broader audience.
- Advocacy and Activism: Podcasts can serve as a catalyst for advocacy and activism. They can shed light on grassroots movements, campaigns, and initiatives aimed at driving policy changes, fostering environmental justice, and pressuring governments and corporations to take meaningful action.
- Long-form Content: Unlike short news segments, podcasts offer a platform for longer and more detailed discussions. This allows for a deeper exploration of issues and solutions, giving listeners a more comprehensive understanding of the climate crisis.
Overall, podcasts are a powerful medium for raising awareness about environmental issues and the climate crisis. They combine education, inspiration, and engagement to empower individuals to become informed and active participants in the efforts to address these urgent challenges.
All Indians Matter
All Indians Matter is a passion project executed in Ashraf’s personal capacity. His podcast deciphers the latest news and tries to explain its effect and impact on individuals’ daily lives. “All Indians Matters” is a digital home on issues that truly matter about and within India. He is a former journalist, who had worked with some of India’s leading media houses and handled a variety of assignments in their newsrooms. He is a consultant in the communication and marketing space. He also has a book to his credit Bricks of Blood
Check his website for more details here.
In this episode of Green Tatwa Talks, we have Mr. Ashraf Engineer who runs the All Indians Matter podcast. He has been sharing his views on society and culture, politics, and economy along with environmental concerns on his site and podcast. I was moved by his many episodes that raised a thought on our consciousness as good citizens.
So tune in and Join #PanchTatwaGirl and Let’s find out how podcasts play a major role in spreading awareness of environmental concerns and climate change along with Ashraf Engineer, Who hosts the All Indians Matter podcast.
Listen to his sustainable side and how he feels that eco-podcasts can be a great way to raise and spread awareness among people and make them conscious citizens.
Listen to the episode on –
More on Green Tatwa talks-
What’s more, Along with Eco-friendly discussions, I even share Positive stories of people bringing beautiful change to this world.
Being Eco-Friendly is not a choice, make it a habit.
Without a doubt, sustainability is easier than you think. You don’t have to jump in by changing everything, start small to make the changes more eco-friendly, sustainable and a part of your daily life.