The G Tiffin
Welcome to A to Z of tiffin ideas with me. I am trying to give A to Z suggestions for lunch box woes and today is Day 7 with letter G. So Let’s pack the G tiffin
Groundnuts the source of energy.
For sweet-tooth cravings, we can keep ghewar, gajar halwa or gulgula, gul papdi whatever suits the taste and time.
- 2 bread slices
- Garlic, 3-4 cloves crushed and finely chopped
- Mozzarella cheese 5-6 tbsp
- Oregano ½ Tsp
- Chili flakes ½ tsp
- Take bread slices flat, or if you have got Italian of French bread, cut it into two halves.
- Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley together in a small bowl. Spread butter mixture over the two bread.
- Spread mozzarella and little oregano and chili flakes on it.
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F. Spread a baking sheet with parchment paper (baking paper), or aluminum foil.
- Arrange bread on baking sheet.
- Bake the bread in hot OTG at 200% c or convection mode of microwave temp till it turns a little brown.
- Wheat Flour/ gehu ka atta – 2oo gms or 2 cups
- Jaggery/ Gur – 150 gm or 1 1/2 cups
- Fennel seeds/ Saunf – 2 tbsp
- Ghee 3 tbsp
- Water as required
- 1 ripe banana (grated or make puree ) – banana is optional as many people don’t like banana flavor
- Soak and dissolve jaggery in hot water and keep aside.
- In another bowl, add atta, ghee, salt, and baking powder.
- Now to this flour add jaggery water.
- Add fennel seed and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a pan and put a spoonful of the mixture in the oil when it has heated up properly.
- Deep fry.
- Now drop as many lumps in a wok without sticking each other.
- Lower the heat and cook, turning once or twice till brown.
- Gulgule is ready
To make Non-fried Gulgula or Non-fried Banana Fritters, heat non-stick appam or Paniyaram Pan Patra by adding little ghee (clarified butter) in its appam cavities and shallow fry accordingly.
Today is Day 7 with the letter “G” of AtoZ challenge.
My theme for the challenge is ‘Tackling Tiffin tantrums” to help ease lunchbox woes for moms & kids.
If you liked this post then do drop a comment below. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family.
That’s all for today, see you tomorrow! For all AtoZ of Tiffin Ideas click here or search for #A2ZTiffinideas on Twitter and Facebook.