The “I” tiffin
Welcome to A to Z of tiffin ideas with me. I am trying to give A to Z suggestions for lunch box woes and today is Day 9 with letter I. So Let’s pack the I Tiffin
Idlis with veggies or beetroot
another option is Italian Pasta
Will share the recipe of my all-time favourite – Idlis with veggies.
Veggie/ beetroot IDLI
- This I am preparing with the batter which is already ready with me. Once you have batter you can store it for a day or two for making idlis or dosa etc.
- Take the required batter to say 4 cups for 12 idlis
- Add finely chopped veggies of your choice like carrot, onion, beans, etc and salt to taste to idli batter
- You can give the veggies a little boil so kids won’t be able to pick veggies and remove them.
- For beetroot just grate it and add, take half beetroot for 12idlis.
- adding veggies or beetroot gives good color to normal plain idli and can be had with sauce or chutney anything.
- Once you have added the vegetables just mix it properly and its ready to go in idli patram. You can steam or microwave as per your choice.
- Idli batter one can make of rice and urad dal, or you can make instant Rava idlis using eno or these days batter is readily available in markets too.
- It is surely a hit in tiffins with the riot of colors and health packed with a punch.
From South India let’s travel to Italy for Pasta
There are approximately 350 different types of pasta around the world — and about four times that many names for them! For example, due to its shape, farfalle pasta is often called “butterfly” or “bowtie” pasta. Also, there are long pasta (spaghetti, angel hair), tubes (penne), soup pasta (orzo, alphabet), stuffed (tortellini, ravioli) and special shapes (farfalle, fusilli). inputs from wonderpolis.
Italian Vegetable Cheesy Penne Pasta Recipe
- 1 cup bell peppers
- 1tsp oregano
- 2 cream cheese
- 2tbsp tomato sauce
- Take a large vessel, or utensil and heat water with salt and oil in it.
- Cook the penne pasta in it till Al-Dante.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large wok
- Fry onion, garlic, bell peppers
- Add red pepper flakes, oregano, and salt
- Turn the heat to low and add the cream to the wok
- Cook, stirring in till the parmesan cheese is melted. Add tomato sauce
- Stir the pasta into the sauce and it’s ready to pack in tiffins
Today is Day 9 with the letter “I” of AtoZ challenge.
My theme for the challenge is ‘Tackling Tiffin tantrums” to help ease lunchbox woes for moms & kids.
If you liked this post then do drop a comment below. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family.
That’s all for today, see you tomorrow! For all AtoZ of Tiffin Ideas click here or search for #A2ZTiffinideas on Twitter and Facebook.