KHIRAPAT – पंचखाद्य खिरापत
Kheerapat or Panchkhadya or panch gudkhadya is served after ganpati aarti during Ganesh chaturthi festival. This is a easy to make dry prasad for ganpati. Khirapat is made from grated dried coconut, misri, dried fruits such as kismis, and nuts such as cashew and badam. Also my grandma use to say Panchakhadya Khirapat is made of five food ingredients starting with sound “Kha” or ‘ख’ -Khobra, Kharik, khaskhas, khismis, khadisakhar.
- “Khopra” – 3/4 cup grated dry coconut, one can use desiccated coconut also. Roast it so it stays for long
- “Kharik” – 6 to 7 dried dates ( to taste)
- “KhadiSakhar” – 100 gram rock sugar approx 1 cup
- “KhasKhas” – 1 tbsp Poppy seeds, roasted and coarsely grounded
- “Kismis” – Raisins/ Kishmish 1/2 cup
- 8 to 10 Almonds optional
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder optional for flavour
1) Grate dry coconut and then dry roast grated coconut over medium-low heat until color changes to golden.
2) Grind almonds to fine powder and dry roast it in same wok/kadhai of coconut.
3) Dry roast Poppy seeds over low heat for one or two minutes. pound in khalbatta (mortar n pestle).
4) Do not roast for longer otherwise it could get burn.
5) Grind sugar in mixer or else grind in mortar pestle.
6) Now mix all coconut, dry powder of almonds and dates, sugar, little cardamom powder and here you go. Store Panchkhadya khirapat in air tight container, as its roasted so it will stay for few days.
Khirapat is ready.
I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter. This is my Agni/ Fire post for prasadam.