Before September ends and we finally say bye, I want to thank each and every one
The Year ran by-
We have been busy since the financial year began. April and May kept all of us occupied in AtoZ challenge, then eBook publication in June, it’s editing, drafting, designing and so much on list. Came July many of us were busy in Blog hops and Blog trains. “Time flies” is a very apt quote, when I look back today. In March I was worried about what will I do in AtoZ, what theme to choose, what to write, how will I get time as I had other commitments too. But when I check my multi-tasking abilities I feel grateful to be a woman. Yes in this journey of being a woman, a mother of two boys, daughter-in-law & wife I have learned a lot and among all also comes my cooking skills. Well, no I am not an excellent cook but from a girl working in corporate who knew just to make tea and Maggi and now a woman who has recently published a book on food I have come a long way. So will let the cook in me take the stage and treat all of you with coffee cookie with my co-bloggers.
What I learned is to be happy with the present with what you have. Think positive, Be positive, show gratitude and spread love and care.
I wish that happiness and sunshine be with you always and let you spread positivity in the world. Always protect natural elements and resources and try to balance the panch tatwas of nature, body, and soul with your good deeds, healthy soul and fresh mind. Sometimes we don’t realize that what we have is the best.
So to all the participants and Co-bloggers of #MyFreindAlexa here is the virtual Coffee and Cookie treat.
- Softened room temperature unsalted butter – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Brown Sugar (Demerara sugar large-grained, crunchy, raw sugar ) OR jaggery – 1/2 cup 50 gms
- Eggs – 1 Whole
- Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
- Maida/ All Purpose Flour 1-1/2 cups
- Baking powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Dark chocolate, chopped – 1 cup
- Walnuts, chopped – 1/4 cup
- Firstly, wet ingredients – In a stand mixer or a large bowl if using a hand mixer first of all take the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar and mix and make it creamy until smooth. Mix until the mixture is smooth. Now, add in egg and mix, then add in the vanilla extract.
- Now dry ingredients – Mix in baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in flour and mix just until the batter is smooth and comes together. Slowly stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts and mix until well combined.
- Prepare a baking/ cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Scoop large spoonful of the chocolate chip dough onto the cookie sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours. You can just roll and flatten it lightly too.
- Place the cookies into the preheated oven to 180°C and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown and the tops are firm.
- Remove the chocolate chip cookie from the oven and allow it to cool on the baking sheets for 5-10 minutes.
- Let the cookie sheets cool at least 10 minutes before removing. Now remove this to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Store the Chocolate Chip Cookie in airtight containers and serve with a glass of milk, coffee or tea.
You can make the cookie dough and chill it in the refrigerator. You can even substitute butterscotch or peanut butter chips, or add your favorite nuts.
For Beaten coffee take a spoonful coffee powder and a spoonful sugar with few drops of milk in a cup and beat them slowly with a spoon. Beat till it changes colour from dark brown to light brown. Beaten coffee is frothy and gives aweosme taste.
With this little treat, I bid adieu with all of you. Will meet you next year till then happy blogging and keep smiling. Be thankful to what you have and don’t forget to show gratitude towards life, towards Mother Earth, Save nature and preserve resources.
Read my 2019 month long Alexa event posts here.
I am taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s #MyFriendAlexa.
This is my Water post which has my blogger musings.