Xploring #BharatKaZaika with Mango pulp rolls – aam papad
“Mango” a juice fruit of tropical trees. It is the national fruit of our India our dear Bharat, and king of all fruits . So what better way to start #BharatKaZaika with this yummy, tasty, juicy, sweet and tasty fruit of Bharat. My Mango love #Madeinbharat with pride and exported all over the world. We can make so many yummy varieties with mango pulp like mango pulp rolls – aam papad
Mango is one name but has varied shapes, sizes, types, color and region similar to our incredible India. India has vibrant cultures and traditions similarly Mango comes in variety of flavours and tastes, Like Alphonso/ Hapus, Dussheri, Landa, Badami, Kesari, Chausa, Neelum, etc. No wonder it is known as Mango the king of fruits.
I am in with love mangoes, Can have them in breakfast, lunch or even dinner. One can make so many yummy things with Mango pulp.
- Mango shake
- Mango ras i.e. Aamras, in Maharashtra and Gujarat aamras is even relished with poori as a meal
- Cake with Mango pulp
- Aam/ Mango pudding and much much more.
- Mango pulp rolls – aam papad
What if you wanna store mano pulp for a long time to enjoy its flavour when it’s one well then you can even make yummy Mango pulp rolls – aam papad or mango bars. My mom used to make homemade aam papad for me with mango pulp so I can relish them when the season of mangoes is gone.
So sharing with you all, the process to make homemade aam papad
- mango pulp extracted from 2 mangoes, either squeeze it out or peel the outer cover and chop to pieces and put in a mixer to get a fine paste. For latest mixer grinders in market click here
- sugar 1 cup( it can be adjusted as per the sweetness of mangoes)
- cardamom/ elaichi powder 1/2 Tsp
- 1/2 teaspoon ghee , for greasing
Note – you may think why to add sugar if the mango is sweet, but it is very much required else the aam poli/ papad will turn black. Also sugar acts as a preservative so the poli lasts longer for storage.
Mix all the above ingredients and then pour the pulp on a greased plate of the desired size.
keep it in sun for at least 2 days till it is properly dried.
This Post is written under my Fire/ Agni Tatwa series for #BlogBoosterIndia #BharatKaZaika