- 200 gm semolina
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 chopped green chili
- 2 dry red chili
- 1/4 cup peas
- onion 1 finely chopped
- capsicum (green pepper) 1 finely chopped
- 1 carrot
- cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- 1 small chopped ginger
- 100 ml of vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
- water as required
- salt to taste
- Take a large pan, add vegetable oil in it and heat it over medium flame.
Looking for gas-stoves or induction cook top just click here
- When oil bubbles start to rise, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chopped green chilies, ginger, and whole red chilies.
- Mix the ingredients well with a wooden spatula.
- Add peas, chana dal and urad dal in the pan.
- Toss the pan well to mix the ingredients well.
- Then add curry leaves and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, take a chopping board and chop all the vegetables separately.
- Now add chopped onion, potato, tomato, carrot and capsicum in the pan and stir well.
- Add enough water in the pan and season well with salt. Cover the pan with a lid and cook over medium flame.
- Cook till the vegetables are cooked and a thick gravy is formed.
- When vegetables are cooked, gradually add roasted semolina in little quantity, stir simultaneously.
- Keep stirring constantly and ensure there are no lumps formed.
- Cook for five minutes on a low flame and then transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with mint leaves and cashews. Ready to pack in tiffins.