Kothimbir Vadi is a mix of a lot of flavours also a good starter option which takes only 15 minutes and kids love it.
- Rice Flour – 1 cup
- Gram flour (besan) 2 cups
- White sesame seeds (til) 2 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic- chili paste 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves finely chopped 3 cups
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
- 1 tsp: Sugar
- 1/2 tsp: Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp: Turmeric powder
- Saunf seeds 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds 1tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp and 2 cups in a kadhai for frying
- Salt to taste
- Mix flours, sesame seeds, coriander leaves, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander, fennel, jeera seeds, ginger-garlic-chilly paste, sugar, and salt. Add water and make a semi-thick paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and add to the paste.
- Grease a platter that can be steamed in a cooker, and spread the paste evenly. Steam for 15 minutes in an idli steamer or pressure cooker, without using the whistle.
- Remove and cool.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Heat oil and deep fry these pieces.
- You can keep them in the fridge as storage in an airtight box for future use. Stays intact for a week and fry whenever required
This kothimbir vadi is also a great snack or starter option too.