session-1989711_1280
It’s 17 September 2018 today, and whoever I’m talking to since last one week says oh our kids exams are starting from Monday. So in maximum parts of India it’s first term or some exam that grips kids.
Kids are tensed, moms are anxious & here begins the exam saga.
My say is-

• Keep your calm no matter how tough the subject is.
  • Don’t force your child or don’t compare him/her to other kids.
  • Help him/her understand things rather than mug up.
  • Life is not just marks or percentage. It’s about more than marks.
  • Be honest and realistic with yourself about expectations.
  • Engage in deep breathing for 2-5 minutes
  • Identify the best way your child is able to learn
  • Support them, trust them, understand them
  • Avoid distractions
  • Don’t compare he/ she is an individual.
  • Don/t keep on telling what happened in your times, times have changed.
  • Be observant

I’m a mother myself and have realized this after ‘Jr’ was born that I was pressuring Sr. unnecessarily. I was a meritorious student and expected same from kids but with passing years and will add the contribution of movie taare zameen par that I calmed myself. I realized it that Sr. was good in sports and for that I had to expose him to lot of activities.
So parents of children giving exams take a deep breath. I agree there is lot of competition, there is a race to win but check your child’s potential. Check what your child is good at only then move ahead. Happy parenting.
I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter. This is my Earth post on parenting.

12 Comments

Bikramjit · 17th September 2018 at 10:21

These practices are very much needed, thanks for sharing

Abhijit Ray · 17th September 2018 at 12:15

I had visited your blog earlier. I was really impressed. I hold my opinion after reading this post. Yes, no matter how intelligent parents may be, children are different entities. There may be genetic influence, but not all people are equals and it is unfair to expect kids will have same proclivity. I am glad you did not pressurise your son to do well in studies. If he is good in sports he will shine. Like every good student does not become Einstein, every cricketer will not become a Tendulkar. But, if he likes the field he is in, he will find his way to become successful in his own way.

PraGun · 17th September 2018 at 17:59

Thanks for reading & visiting my blog. Yes we as parents should respect that children are also individual’s. We are here to guide & advice them.

PraGun · 17th September 2018 at 18:01

Abhijit ray sir , I’m unable to open your blog, please share link.

Puspanjalee Das Dutta · 17th September 2018 at 18:01

Loved reading it. Thanks for sharing

shubhraarika · 17th September 2018 at 18:32

Each child and different and it is baseless to compare them. Also one should keep in mind not to pressurize them. Great post …

Anagha Yatin · 18th September 2018 at 13:03

I recollected one sentence… “One sheet of paper can not decide my fate”. The moment we realize this, I suppose, we, the mothers will go easy on children appearing for exams. Thanks for taking this topical topic for discussion.

PraGun · 18th September 2018 at 16:18

Right said, one sheet or report card never matter in life later and one need to understand it as early as one can.

Maya Bhat · 18th September 2018 at 21:10

I loved the point, don’t keep on telling what happened during our times, time has changed. Even now if someone start talking about their times and complain about those things not happening now (in a negative tone), it is a kind of irritating to listen.

PraGun · 19th September 2018 at 05:12

yes, they are individuals of this time, so why force old thing on new generation.