Browse By

K for Kitchen gardens

Here I will tell you the importance and happiness associated with kitchen gardens.
I don’t need to tell that its natural, organic and made by your own hands.
The hand-grown, home-grown vegetables are nutritious, organic, healthy, pesticide-free.
Being free form any pesticide its helps detoxify our bodies from harmful things.
This a way to develop your hobby into fruitful work.
If you love gardening it’s the best and natural way to stay busy yet with healthy results.

20171018_074231     20180127_124029
It’s natural and easy way to stay connected to Earth, to Panchtatwas of nature.
If we take interest and talk to plants they are sure going to be best of our friends and giving us the best results.
We can have best of the organic vegetables with nutritional value in our backyard.
Kitchen garden vegetables contain all kind of vitamins and minerals, without any toxins.
Just a look at your kitchen garden has a soothing effect on all 5 senses of our body.
It is a way to learn a new skill, new knowledge, new creative hang out.
More so we can even our coming generations, our kid’s importance of growing our food, this way kids will learn the importance of fruits and vegetables and not waste it.

20180127_124040
This is fresh coriander from my kitchen garden…
Gardening is a hobby that even gives us relaxation, it reduces stress as we are connected to Earth, soil, water, air.
Hard work pays and yes in kitchen garden whatever effort you pay you to get the best back
So even if you don’t have a backyard, you can have small vegetables grown in planters, tubs, small pots too. Container gardening is a similar concept.
Its natural way to stay healthy and fresh.
Particiapting in and

23 thoughts on “K for Kitchen gardens”

1. Meena says:

Beautiful, uplifting post. Living in a flat makes gardening difficult but I do have 2/3 plants. They give so much joy that can’t be expressed

1. PraGun says:

Thanks for appreciating. Its good you love plants, vertical farming is new solution these days.

2. Kalpanaa says:

Excellent post – gardens specially kitchen gardens connect us to the elements as you have pointed out. I live in a flat but I grow tomatoes and coriander as well as other things in pots.

1. PraGun says:

Thanks for appreciating, Yes they connect us to Earth and its organic too. wow, you have tomatoes & coriander must be nice.

3. Balaka says:

I love kitchen garden. Living in Mumbai there is no space though but still I manage. Nice post.

1. PraGun says:

I agree, vertical farming is anew solution, try if you can.

4. cherylsterling1955 says:

We have very dry, hot summers. I am thinking of growing a few herbs inside by the window.

1. PraGun says:

That will be really nice.

5. priyareflects says:

I love gardens. And kitchen gardens are just superb. Loved ur corinder. Do ur neighbors come to ur house running for coriander often ? 😉

1. PraGun says:

Thanks, and yes you are so right, my coriander is in demand always.

6. Pingback: My A to Z – 2018 – Pragun's Panchtattwa
  7. Trackback: My A to Z – 2018 – Pragun's Panchtattwa
  8. mammaspeaks says:

Beautiful garden you have! And I loved the fresh coriander, would want to have too! I have lemongrass, kadhi patta and the first shoot of mint in my kitchen garden. Will sow chillies, peppermint and tomatoes in June.

1. PraGun says:

Thanks, and Wow curry leaves, lemongrass, mint such beautiful herbs you have in your kitchen garden. look forward to chilies & tomatoes, they sure will work wonders. happy gardening dear

1. mammaspeaks says:

Yes, I am too looking forward to the rains when I will plant them 🙂

9. Shalini🌻 (@kohleyedme) says:

Oh I agree! We have peas, chillies, spinach, coriander, mint, fenugreek, radish and beetroot in our kitchen garden. 🙂
    Kohl Eyed Me
    Something’s Cooking

1. PraGun says:

Thats a wow list, would love to see them someday, wish we can be neighbours, its a small world

10. Alice Gerard says:

I love gardens, too, but, mostly, I grow flowers, which add color after a long winter.

1. PraGun says:

Yes, flowers have a soothing effect and colors too have a relaxing and mood changing effect.

11. Nikita says:

Such a happy post and very inspiring. I live in an urban jungle and the struggle is constant when it comes to maintaining a ‘window-sill’ garden but we are still at it with our mirchis, kadi pattas, tomatoes and more 🙂

1. PraGun says:

Thanks for appreciating. Wow curry leaves, chillies that sounds nice.

12. BellyBytes says:

Gardening is relaxing and invigorating and food grown by you tastes even sweeter!

1. PraGun says:

yes absolutely right

13. Pingback: My AtoZ – 2018 Reflections of the great writing month. – Pragun's Panchtattwa
  14. Trackback: My AtoZ – 2018 Reflections of the great writing month. – Pragun's Panchtattwa